Thursday, November 8, 2007

Handy Guide to Thanksgiving

I don't know about you, but I've been feeling pretty shocked/horrified that Thanksgiving is so soon. Two weeks away! Fourteen days! I haven't glanced at turkeys, I haven't been worrying about gravy, I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping (unless you count an occasional panicked "OH NO OH NO OH NO!" followed by mental suppression). Yesterday I noticed my town is already putting up Christmas wreaths and lights, and I realized Thanksgiving is two! weeks! away!

Have you guys been checking out Real Simple's website? Here they have posted a handy dandy Thanksgiving cheat sheet, complete with what you can do to prepare in advance. I've missed the three week before assignment (whoooops) but can follow the rest. Turkey roasting guides, 60 second centerpieces, a carving guide, even reviews on the best boxed stuffings (what? did I say that?), even fun little tips on dealing with annoying guests. (Who can't use a bit of advice on dealing with family?) I suggest we all mosey on over to get ourselves in the Thanksgiving mindset. And in my case, to get some serious Thanksgiving help.

In the meantime, any favorite Thanksgiving recipes to share? Any fun traditions? Anything wacky or interesting to tell me about? Email away!

2 comments:

Tess said...

"I haven't even glanced at turkeys"...HAHA!

Anonymous said...

TWO WEEKS?? NO I HAD NOT REALIZED! *PANICKING*

I go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, though, so I don't ever glance at turkeys, except when they are cooked and sliced and on my plate.

I always bring dessert, though: Chocolate-Crusted Pumpkin Cheesecake. Oh it is so tasty.