Wednesday, October 31, 2007

First Meta Post!

So! This blog made it through it's very first holiday (it's been shaky at times, especially since I started a new job the same time I started this blog). I'm going to take a few days off, to regroup for Thanksgiving and Christmas (yikes) and get all my bloggy ducks in a row. Now would be an excellent time for some feedback from you, readers!

How are you feeling about this little holiday blog experiment? What do you like or dislike? What would you like to see more of, or less of? Are you enjoying it or finding it helpful? Have you tried anything I've posted here? Any ideas, tips, complaints? Hate mail? Want to tell me I'm pretty? I'm trying to decide what'll be the easiest/most fun/most helpful/most informative/most awesome way to go through the upcoming season here, while keeping up with my job and other blog and various pets and relationships and responsibilities, blah blah blah. And, you know, those holidays. So if you have anything to share or whine about or suggest, do it now. Feel free to comment or drop me a line at karamarie at gmail dot com. I think things are going okay, but I want this to be as helpful and fun as possible.

Here's what I see: recipes (I'd love to see some for varying dietary needs, such as lactose intolerance, allergies to wheat, diabetes, etc), stress relief ideas, gift ideas, fun decorations, easy/efficient ways to do things, and tons more reader sharing. Especially of traditions and stories. I'm also thinking of a sidebar thing where I can post questions/ideas for posts. As in, "What do you do to make your house smell nice in about two seconds?" and then people can let me know and we can have a fun post about it. And people can submit their OWN questions and concerns, that way. What do you think?

And if you have fun Thanksgiving/Christmas stuff to send me, do it!

I'll see you soon, after my blogging regrouping break!

4 comments:

email said...

I'm really enjoying this blog so far. Love the recipes. I've printed a few, but haven't had the chance to try any yet. The time is coming, though.

I'd be interested in ideas for gifts that kids can make that don't completely suck. You've got my idea, but I only have one, and with 4 kids I could always use more. And easy/efficient ways to do things are always nice. And keep the recipes coming.

I like your sidebar idea. Oh, and you're pretty. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying it so far. Also, you are so pretty!

I like the idea of questions in the sidebar. Sometimes I have ideas but it takes me awhile to think of them.

Anonymous said...

I like the question in the sidebar idea, too.

I'm always at a loss for what to give people, so a gift idea section would be perfect for me. That way you could ask what a 5 year old boy might like, or what to buy for your MIL that you really really really despise but you have to buy her something anyway. Or where you could say "the best gift I ever received was..." or "the best gift I ever gave was..." You get the idea.

Shelly said...

I'm enjoying the blog, too. I did give my boss the money tree for her birthday, but I'm not sure if she liked it or not. (She didn't say thank you, but she has been out with mono pretty much ever since her birthday, so that might be an oversight.) Anyway, I love the ideas, and the pictues, and you are so, so pretty!