Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Pumpkin Potpourri Burner

Pumpkins, pumpkins, everywhere. I'm pretty excited by the recent grocery store pumpkin explosion.

Heather sent this idea in. It's a really cute way to make your house smell yummy.

She says,

"I just made these this morning and thought I'd share...I just love little tiny mini things!

I think I saw this on Martha Stewart once upon a time. I carved a few of the little tiny baking pumpkins, put cute polka dots "vents" in them with an apple corer, and then rubbed cinnamon and other spices onto the lid. I made one for my kitchen window with cloves stuck under the lid instead of rubbing the spices. Light a tea light candle, and you've got a little homemade incense burner. It really does smell good!"

She also included these cute photos. I particularly like the idea of using an apple corer to make tidy circles. If I tried it by hand, the results would be more "frightening" and less "adorable." If you are handy with the pumpkin carving, though, I'm sure you could also make some fancy, intricate vents.









































Cute! And easy! And nice-smelling!

Now, I need some help. I'm trying to put together a Halloween costume link/idea fest for an upcoming post. I'm feeling my ideas are pretty lame, so, it's your turn to dish. Email me at karamarie at gmail dot com to give me any ideas/links/instructions. I want to know anything and everything, got it? Think costumes.

Go!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh. I need a costume too!

I told Jim that I want to go as bacon and eggs, but he's all like, I want to be a gorilla! So, apparently, I have to come up with something on my own.

So show lots of ideas for costumes!

Love,
Sister

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, cutie little nice-smelling thing!

Sister should go as a banana.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, or Sister should go as the girl King Kong carries up the building.

Or as a girlilla.

Shannon said...

"Or as a girlilla."
bwahhhahaha!!!

Cute pumpkin without fake scents. Love it!

Misty said...

LOVE this idea. Want to make one for my neighbors as a little fall gift. Yes, I am one of those people.

Misty said...

Oh! But (forgive my ignorance) where do I get an apple corer?

Black Sheeped said...

I think you can get them pretty much anywhere with a kitchen section. Right? Am I wrong here, in thinking you can get one at Target?

Let's all agree here that my sister should be a girlilla, shall we?

Anonymous said...

I am in awe over the tiny pumpkin cuteness.

Have I mentioned lately how much this blog rocks???

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I LOVE the pumpkin idea...going to attempt it tomorrow. I appreciate the question as to where to find an apple corer, I need to pick on up as well!
I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!

velocibadgergirl said...

This is great!

Thank you so much for starting this site. I love it!

Tess said...

I love this idea!