Sunday, October 14, 2007

Green Grog

Here's a recipe for a delicious, delicious Halloween punch called Green Grog. I made it last year for our Halloween party, and it was sweet, foamy, green, and surprisingly potent. (Don't worry: I cropped myself out of this so you don't have to see my disturbing Bride of Frankenstein costume combined with my evil grin at the thought of drinking this.)





I think you could easily substitute some sort of lime soft drink or some juice for the rum to make this kid-friendly. I loved having a green, frothy beverage to serve for Halloween.

  • 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate
  • 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
  • 1 (750 milliliter) bottle rum
  • 2 quarts lime sherbet
In a large kettle or punch bowl, mix the limeade, lemonade and soda. Stir in rum (feel free to play with amount of rum you use). Mix in the sherbet and serve.

I got the recipe from here. It makes a lot, but the recipe is easily halved, and I made it in smaller batches to keep it cool over the course of the party. It also helps to refrigerate the rum and soda before you make it, so it's extra cool. I imagine this would also work for St. Patrick's Day, if you want something green other than green beer or green jello shots.

Cheers!

(Edit: Fine.)

3 comments:

Beth said...

That's a lot of rum. :D

I, along with all your other thousands of readers, plead with you to post the Bride of Frankenstein pic, with evil grin.

Please? Pretty Please?

Misty said...

The rum didn't strike me as a lot...but the lemon-lime factor was a bit suprising to me. But I am not a lemon-lime kinda girl. It sounds like a really good punch for Halloween though.

Anonymous said...

How much do we have to beg for the Bride of Frankenstein picture??? I'm not above begging, you know.