Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Spider Cookies! Spoooooky!

Kid-friendly Halloween cookies! (Or maybe, adult child friendly. Because I was super excited by these. Spiders!)

El-e-e says, "These are really cute cookies. The idea came from Highlights HighFive magazine (their publication for 2-5 year olds) but I can't find an online reference to save my life. So, oh well, it'll have to seem like I came up with them all by myself. ;) Not really -- seriously, the October issue, High Five.


SPIDER COOKIES

You'll need:

Nabisco chocolate wafer cookies (2 for each spider)
Peanut butter or cream cheese (or marshmallow creme!)
Pretzel sticks
Raisins, Red Hots, or mini marshmallows

Spread one side of each cookie with a thin layer of peanut butter or cream cheese. Place four pretzel sticks on each side of one cookie (stick them onto the peanut butter) for the legs, then top with the other cookie to make a sandwich. 'Glue' on 2 raisins (or red hots or marshmallows) for eyes, using another tiny bit of peanut butter. VOILA! My 3-yr-old LOVED these."

I love that they have the correct amount of legs. Anatomically correct AND fun! Thanks, El-e-e!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ooooohhh, cute!!!! D would LOVE this!

Kelsey said...

No peanut butter in our house (allergy) and I veto the cream cheese and marshmallow ideas because I'm picky. . . so I'm thinking FROSTING; not healthy but yum! My daughter will probably like these as well.

el-e-e said...

I was thinking frosting, too, but didn't want to include seventeen different options in the written recipe, hee! But you go! FROSTING would be even yummier. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I love the spooky spider and I thnks my pupils will love them too!
Thanks for sharing!